I know I’m not the only one who has been out with friends all night and not made it back home. Parties, bars, and late night flings can be incredibly fun until you roll out of bed and realize that you smell just a little funky and you have nothing to change in to. And worse still, Mother Nature comes calling and you’re caught unprepared.
I learned pretty quickly that I didn’t really want to do the walk of shame the next morning (and it’s a terrible walk when you can’t go straight home) so I ran to the store and made myself a cute little bag I could keep in the trunk of my car.
And if you’re thinking “Hey! I seriously need an over night kit!” No worries, I’ve got you. These are the items I think are most essential but feel free to tweak it to your needs.
What you need:
- A cute, opaque bag: I opted for a discounted makeup bag that no one would really question. You can get a see through one if you like but just be aware that if anyone sees in your trunk they will see what you’re carrying around with you.
- Deodorant: Make sure to get a solid stick, travel sized one. It will save you space and trust me, you don’t want gel deodorant hanging out in your cute new bag. It’s a recipe for disaster. Trust me, I’ve experienced it.
- Toothbrush/ Paste: I like to keep a travel sized toothbrush and toothpaste in my bag. If you’re out all night, this will help keep the bad breath away!
- Tampons/ Pads: Honestly, keep a couple in here. They are always the best thing to have stock piled anywhere you can find to keep them. And at least if they are in this bag you’ll always have some in your car.
- Mini Hairbrush: I know it seems a bit extravagant but this could be the make or break of you looking put together after a long night. While you’re at it, throw a hair tie in there too.
- Panties: This is the ultimate must have! Whether you’ve crashed out at your buddies, a new friend’s (wink wink), or just got a visit from the period fairy, this will make you feel soooo much better. Trust me on this one.
- Makeup Removers: Make sure to grab the travel sized ones so you have space. This will help you remove the crusty layer of makeup from the night before. I do recommend changing this out frequently, otherwise, they will dry up.
- Painkillers: Either for cramps or that dreadful hangover. I keep mine in a tiny macaron case.
- Mini Nail Kit: Even just a pair of clippers or an emery board. I don’t know about you but that feeling of having a broken nail is the worst in the world! I can’t tell you the number of times I have found myself stranded with a cracked nail and that feeling like someone is running nails over a chalkboard. *shudders* Save yourself the hassle and be prepared!
Honestly, since throwing together this bag I’ve rarely had a moment where I feel unprepared even in the most unexpected situations. And if I can help anyone avoid the aftermath of a fun night out I will.
What are some of the things that you like to have on hand if you’re going to be out with friends?